- Noun: enzyme enzIm
- Any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions
Derived forms: enzymes
n : any of numerous complex proteins that are produced by living cells and catalyze specific biochemical reactions at body temperatures
- More: Next
- enzymes are large molecular weight compounds.
- nitrate reductase is a short-lived enzyme.
- the-ase ending is used to designate enzymes.
- rhizopus secrets this enzyme into the bread.
- these enzyme aggregates provide a mechanism.