Noun: endospore 'endu`spor
- A small asexual spore that develops inside the cell of some bacteria and algae
Derived forms: endospores
Type of: spore
n : an asexual spore developed within the cell esp. in bacteria
- this pulmonary infection is due to coccidioidomycosis, as evidenced by the two large spherules filled with endospores
- note how the spherule at the left is bursting to expel its endospores, which grow and continue the infection
- The cortex is what makes the endospore so resistant to temperature.
- Small acid-soluble proteins ( SASPs ) are found in endospores.
- The dipicolinic acid helps stabilize the proteins and DNA in the endospore.