- Noun: endoskeleton `endow'skelit(u)n
- The internal skeleton; bony and cartilaginous structure (especially of vertebrates)
Derived forms: endoskeletons
n : an internal skeleton or supporting framework in an animal —compare EXOSKELETON — en·do·skel·e·tal adj
- More: Next
- The endoskeleton is actuated by a powerful network of superhumanly strong.
- Unlike insects, spiders have an endoskeleton in addition to their exoskeleton.
- She later incinerates his endoskeleton ( less his missing hand ) with thermite.
- Just below their skin is an endoskeleton composed of calcareous plates or ossicles.
- It has an endoskeleton just below the skin.