elgin marbles meaning
- Noun: Elgin Marbles
- A collection of classical Greek marble sculptures and fragments of architecture created by Phidias; chiefly from the Parthenon in Athens
Type of: statuary
Encyclopedia: Elgin Marbles
- More: Next
- amongst its more notable acquisitions were the rosetta stone and the infamous elgin marbles
- This being Greece, an obvious example is the Elgin marbles.
- It's the same with the Elgin Marbles in London.
- The Elgin Marbles are on exhibit at the British Museum.
- They are now commonly referred to as the Elgin Marbles.