drag away meaning
- drag sb away informal to make someone stop doing something, when they are so interested in doing it that they do not want to stop:
▪ Donny loves watching the animals at the zoo - we have to drag him away when it's time to leave.
nothing can drag sb away from sth
▪ On Sunday afternoons, nothing can drag Jim away from sports programmes on TV.
■ SIMILAR TO: tear away
- but god drags away the mighty by his power; though they become established, they have no assurance of life
- Aniel burns the sacred groves and drags away the standing stones.
- Shouting in panic, the others tried to drag away the body.
- They won't have drag away KJ.
- They plunder coffins and drag away precious headstones.