- Noun: drafting drãfting
- Writing a first version to be filled out and polished later
- The craft of drawing blueprints
- mechanical drawing
- The creation of artistic pictures or diagrams
- drawing, draftsmanship [US], draughtsmanship [Brit, Cdn]
- Draw up an outline or sketch for something
"draft a speech"
- Engage somebody to enter the army
- enlist, muster in
- [N. Amer] Make a blueprint of
- blueprint, draught [Brit, Cdn]
Derived forms: draftings
Type of: art, artistic creation, artistic production, authorship, compose, composition, craft, design, enrol [Brit, Cdn], enroll [N. Amer], enter, indite [archaic], inscribe, pen, penning, plan, recruit, trade, write, writing
- More: Next
- he did most of the actual drafting.
- modern controlled drafting systems use drafts of the order of 30.
- as usual when drafting speeches, he refused to answer the telephone for days on end.
- for the measurement of drafting forces of staple the shirley draftometer or a similar instrument is used.
- i know the business of language centers . i also have a special talent for drafting successful advertisements.