do a roaring trade meaning
To do very brisk and profitable business
- roaring: Noun: roaring  ...
- rip-roaring: Adjective: rip-roa ...
- roaring boy: noun (obsolete)&n ...
- in this country people sell much more than she ever had and do a roaring trade
- There are plenty of fringe projects that do a roaring trade.
- They do a roaring trade, but are closed down by the Irish authorities.
- Pirates bring in their booty to be sold to the black market, northern traders frequent the place as a rest stop on their way to the aforementioned Ten Towns during the warmer months, ready to buy exotic scrimshander ornaments, several taverns do a roaring trade in ale and other spirits, the drugs and slave trade are rife ( although obviously sublimated ) and information brokers and prostitutes ply their trade during the night-time.