- Noun: disease di'zeez
- An impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning
Derived forms: diseases
A definite pathologic process with a characteristic set of signs and symptoms. It may affect the whole body or any of its parts,and its etiology,pathology,and prognosis may be known or unknown. n : an impairment of the normal state of the living animal or plant body or one of its parts that interrupts or modifies the performance of the vital functions and is a response to environmental factors (as malnutrition, industrial hazards, or climate), to specific infective agents (as worms, bacteria, or viruses), to inherent defects of the organism (as genetic anomalies), or to combinations of these factors : SICKNESS , ILLNESS —called also morbus —compare HEALTH 1 — dis·eased adj
- More: Next
- lassitude occurs early in the course of the disease.
- war and disease had thinned the population.
- it's disease of the last five thousand years.
- where could he have caught the disease?
- this disease causes muscle pain and rashes.