Verb: disallow `disu'law
Derived forms: disallowed, disallowing, disallows
verb [+ obj]
to officially refuse to accept sth or give permission for sth:
Their claim for a tax deduction was disallowed.
The Commission disallowed the merger because it might hurt the consumer.
- the policy adopted in this book is to disallow leibnizian notation within the text.
- to disallow access to the resource using that name
- you can disallow direct access to fields
- disallow to do the mean action at school
- disallow clients from any access to hidden files