Adjective: dire (direr,direst) dIr
- Fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless
"a dire emergency"
- Causing fear or dread or terror
- awful, direful, dread, dreaded, dreadful, fearful, fearsome, frightening, horrendous, horrific, terrible
Sounds like: dyer
Derived forms: direst, direr
Encyclopedia: Dire Dire, Mali
- voir dire (voire dire): [Law][Norman Frenc ...
- dire straits: Noun: dire straits ...
- dire wolf: noun
- it was obvious, and it was dire.
- there would be dire consequences for the rest of the world.
- i see only dire poverty ahead from my feet to the grave.
- this task proved deceptively easy in the dire emergency of 1933.
- the people here are reduced to dire poverty because of ( the ) natural disasters.