Adjective: dexterous dekstrus
- Skilful in physical movements; especially of the hands
"dexterous of hand and inventive of mind"
- deft, dextrous
See also: adroit
also dex·trous adj
1 : skillful and competent with the hands
2 : mentally adroit and skillful — dex·ter·ous·ly adv — dex·ter·ous·ness n
- she is a dexterous typist.
- i was secretly afraid of him when i saw him so dexterous.
- we made him very merry, and i proved very dexterous in catching fish.
- he may be dexterous at football, but he is very clumsy on the dance floor.
- i could help you to a schoolmistress that shall make you as dexterous as herself.