Noun: destroyer di'stroyu(r)
- A small fast lightly armoured but heavily armed warship
- guided missile destroyer
- A person who destroys or ruins or lays waste to
"a destroyer of the environment"
- ruiner, undoer, waster, uprooter
Derived forms: destroyers
See also: destroy
- the destroyer was turning to a collision course.
- a destroyer fished him aboard.
- war is the great destroyer of all the hopes of mankind.
- the great ship with her attendant destroyers plodded on.
- our cruisers and destroyers continued to blockade the approaches.