- Noun: densitometer `densi'tómitu(r)
- A measuring instrument for determining optical or photographic density
- A measuring instrument for determining density or specific gravity
Derived forms: densitometers
An instrument for measuring the density of a body.
"An instrument which measures optical density by measuring the intensity of transmitted or reflected light, used to measure photographic density."
1 : DENSIMETER
2 : an instrument for determining optical or photographic density — den·si·to·met·ric adj — den·si·tom·e·try n
- More: Next
- mass flow information can be secured by using a densitometer.
- the zero point of the density scale is defined by having no specimen in the densitometer.
- after processing, the sensitometrically exposed step wedge is read on a densitometer and the data is plotted.
- the results from the pollen densitometers indicate the number of pollen grains sucked into a device per square millimeter of the aperture.
- the setup densitometer lamp must be replaced