- Noun: demise di'mIzdi'mIz
- Transfer by a lease or by a will
Derived forms: demised, demises, demising
(in land law) 1. vb. To grant a lease.
2. n. The lease itself.
- demise of the crown: [Law]The death of ...
- More: Next
- they contribute to the plant's own demise.
- all this is not to antedate the demise of the empire.
- september 15 may stand as the date of its demise.
- demise of the crown formerly caused a dissolution of parliament.
- the roots of his demise lay much earlier in the golitsin-nossenko feud.