- More: Next
- Today I bought some demineralised water to top up my car battery.
- Acidic foods left on the teeth can also demineralise teeth, eventually causing cavities.
- The advancing front represents a zone of demineralised dentin due to acid and has no bacteria present.
- Poor oral hygiene turns these foods into acids and toxins which will demineralise your outer tooth layer-the enamel.
- The outer more superficial zone is highly infected with proteolytic degradation of the collagen matrix and as a result the dentin is irreversibly demineralised.