deliver the goods meaning
- Verb: deliver the goods
Derived forms: delivers the goods, delivering the goods, delivered the goods
v. phr. 1. To carry things and give them to the person who wants them. Lee delivered the goods to the right house. 2. slang To succeed in doing well what is expected. The new pitcher delivered the goods by striking out 20 men in his first game. This personal computer surely delivers the goods.
Compare: BRING HOME THE BACON.
- More: Next
- please deliver the goods at your earliest convenience.
- he never fails to deliver the goods.
- if the seller delivers the goods before the fixed date, the buyer may take delivery or refuse to take delivery.
- article 33 the seller must deliver the goods
- do you think you can deliver the goods next week