data processing meaning
- Noun: data processing
- (computer science) a series of operations on data by a computer in order to retrieve or transform or classify information
Type of: processing
Encyclopedia: Data processing
a series of actions that a computer performs on data to analyse and organize it; the part of a company where this is done:
the people in accounting and data processing
Computers are for data processing and analysis.
Work performed on acquired data, as in solving problems, making comparisons, classifying material, organizing files. Usually done by a computer.
<application> The input, verification, organisation, storage, retrieval, transformation, and extraction of information from data. The term is normally associated with commercial applications such as stock control or payroll.
- More: Next
- these traces will be combined together in a subsequent data processing operation.
- in this chapter we have shown, in simplified form, a typical data processing application.
- to some it is virtually equivalent to data processing and is tied inextricably to computer software.
- radar data processing on the high maneuvering platform
- data processing vocabulary-computer graphics