A benign neoplasm derived from glandular epithelium,in which cystic accumulations of retained secretions are formed. In some instances,considerable portions of the neoplasm,or even the entire mass,may be cystic. (Stedman,25th ed) n pl -mas or -ma·ta : an adenoma marked by a cystic structure — cyst·ad·e·no·ma·tous adj
- the pathology revealed mucinous cystadenoma of the cecum
- Two cases of ovarian mucinous cystadenoma have also been reported with this mutation.
- It was a cyst-like tumor containing mucous and known to doctors as mucinous cystadenoma.
- Dr . David Canal said the benign growth-- mucinous cystadenoma-- was detected by a CAT scan.
- The tumor on Quayle's appendix was a mucinous cystadenoma, The Associated Press said in reporting a statement attributed to his doctors on Thursday night.