- Noun: cupule kyoopyool
- Cup-shaped structure of hardened bracts at the base of an acorn
- acorn cup
- A sucker on the feet of certain flies
Derived forms: cupules
See also: cupular
Type of: cup, sucker
Part of: acorn
- Surprisingly little is known about the purpose or significance of cupules.
- Smaller sites include the cupules at " meenamatta"
- The cupule at the base of the berry, can be more brightly colored.
- The cupule with concentric rings of woody scales.
- The cupule is covered by numerous scales.