cuckoo flower meaning
1. A plant (Cardamine pratensis) commonly found in damp pastures in Europe and America, with divided leaves and small lilac or white flowers, lady's smock
2. Another name for ragged robin
- He named his daughter Cardamine, alluding to the scientific name of the cuckoo flower " Cardamine pratensis ".
- In the Cornish language, a bluebell is " bleujenn an gog ", literally " the cuckoo flower ".
- These include blue bugle, pink cuckoo flower, edible common sorrel, cowslip, the strange adder's tongue and the occasional orchid.
- This site of the bank of the River Cam has pasture with tortoiseshell and comma butterflies, and flowers such as cow parsley and cuckoo flowers.
- The larvae are well known for the self-generated foam nests, that can be observed in Spring in meadows ( especially on Cuckoo Flowers, " Cardamine pratensis " and broom, " Genista " species ).