cuckoo bee meaning
Any of several species of bee which lay their eggs in the nest of a different species of bee, sometimes killing the queen
- The larval cuckoo bee then consumes the larder and later emerges from the cell.
- Several " Exomalopsis " are associated with kleptoparasites, especially cuckoo bees.
- Each species of cuckoo bee has a specific host species, which it may physically resemble.
- The preserved cleptoparasitic Cuckoo bee genus.
- Many cuckoo bees are closely related to their hosts, and may bear similarities in appearance reflecting this relationship.