covered wagon meaning
Noun: covered wagon 'kúvurd 'wagun
- A large wagon with broad wheels and an arched canvas top; used by the United States pioneers to cross the prairies in the 19th century
- Conestoga wagon, Conestoga, prairie wagon, prairie schooner [N. Amer]
Derived forms: covered wagons
Part of: caravan, train, wagon train
Encyclopedia: Covered wagon
- covered: Adjective: covered ...
- on the wagon: [American idiom]no ...
- the wagon: The Plough, the se ...
- sealed lock for railway traffic part 1 : covered wagon lock
- terms for railway vehicle parts; body structure, body framework for covered wagons
- railway freight car's atmospheric corrosion resisting cold formed steel sections part 4 : door frame of covered wagons
- railway freight car's atmospheric corrosion resisting cold formed steel sections part 6 : roof cant rail of covered wagon
- it was a kind of covered wagon, painted black, and was one of the first to arrive