Noun: courtroom 'kort`room
- A room in which a lawcourt sits
"television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
Derived forms: courtrooms
Type of: room
Part of: courthouse
The main room in a courthouse where the judge presides.
AmE / noun [C]
a room in which trials or other legal cases are held
- an excited buzz ran around the courtroom.
- whereupon everyone assembled in the courtroom sat down.
- the trial was broadcast live from the courtroom ..
- when he entered a courtroom it was to fight with every legal and dramatic weapon he had learned to use.
- he now decided to have cowperwood take the stand, and at the mention of his name in this connection the whole courtroom bristled.