costs draftsman meaning
A person (usually a legal executive rather than a qualified solicitor) who specializes in drawing up bills of costs. Some work in solicitors' firms and some in independent firms of costs specialists.
- The ACL is the only professional body that regulates law costs draftsmen.
- For this reason, many firms of litigation solicitors retain law costs draftsmen as employees.
- The association promotes and fosters an appreciation of the contribution made by law costs draftsmen within the legal profession.
- From January 2011, the Association of Law Costs Draftsmen changed its name to the Association of Costs Lawyers.
- A professional body, the Association of Cost Lawyers ( ACL ), was formed in 1977 as the Association of Law Costs draftsmen.