Noun: coprolalia `kópru'leyleeu
- An uncontrollable use of obscene language; often accompanied by mental disorders
Derived forms: coprolalias
Type of: pathology
1 : obsessive or uncontrollable use of obscene language
2 : the use of obscene (as scatological) language as sexual gratification — cop·ro·la·lic adj
- Steven's coprolalia is no longer evident at school.
- However, coprolalia is actually a relatively rare symptom of Tourette's.
- This is called coprolalia, and it affects about one in four of those with Tourette.
- Yet just a small minority of people have coprolalia, and I am not among them.
- Mihok says the biggest misconception about Tourette's Syndrome is about vocal tics, called coprolalia.