- family coprinaceae: Noun: family Copri ...
- The family name Psathyrellaceae is based on the former Coprinaceae subfamily name Psathyrelloideae.
- The former genus " Coprinus " was split between two families, and the name " Coprinaceae " became a synonym of Agaricaceae in its 21st-century phylogenetic redefinition.
- "Coprinites " was originally placed in the family Coprinaceae based on the visible structures, or macromorphology of the fruiting body and the microscopic features preserved in the amber specimen.
- Prior to phylogenetic research based upon DNA comparisons, most of the species that autodigested were classified as "'Coprinaceae "', which contained all of the inky-cap mushrooms.