- Noun: coping kowpingkowp
Derived forms: copings
Part of: wallCoping
A protective cap, top, or cover of wall, parapet, pilaster, or chimney; often of stone, terra-cotta, concrete, metal, or wood. May be flat, but commonly sloping, double-beveled, or curved to shed water so as to protect masonry below from penetration of water from above. Most effective if extended beyond wall face and cut with a drip. Also see featheredged coping.
coping of terra-cotta
- More: Next
- she can cope with different kinds of farmwork.
- mr. wyburd will cope with the visitors.
- how would we cope once the money had gone?
- i found her conversation hard to cope with.
- let's cope with the matter fair and square.