contour feather meaning
- Noun: contour feather
- Feathers covering the body of an adult bird and determining its shape
Derived forms: contour feathers
- More: Next
- This is due to a reduction in the melanin content of the contour feathers.
- By 12 days old, contour feathers are well developed in areas except for the head.
- The type species, " I . viai ", is known only from a collection of isolated contour feathers.
- Pale flecking on the feather shafts sometimes result in barred appearance on the contour feathers of the nape, back and upper wing.
- The type species, " C . sarysuensis ", is known only from an isolated of isolated, asymmetrical contour feather.