contour farming meaning
- , contour farming or contour ploughing noun
The ploughing (and planting) of sloping land along the contour lines to counter erosion
- contour farming ploughing
- Contour farming is considered an active form of sustainable agriculture.
- At one part of the property " contour farming was used " and experimentation tried.
- The SCS also helped individual farmers convert from planting straight-rows of crops to contour farming on terraced benches.
- On steeper slopes and areas with greater rainfall, a procedure known as strip cropping is used with contour farming to provide additional protection.