composite arch meaning
An arch whose curves are struck from four centers, as in English Perpendicular Gothic; a mixed arch.
- This is the first concrete-and-steel composite arch bridge built in the United States.
- In both the case of the single and twin engined versions, the engines are mounted in pusher configuration on a composite arch behind the cockpit.
- The new crossing is the Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, the first so-called concrete-steel composite arch bridge built in the United States.
- The center has several research and development projects which have gained national or international notoriety including the VolturnUS 1 : 8, composite arch bridge system, the Modular Ballistic Protection System ( MBPS ), and others.
- The bridge was the first concrete-steel composite arch bridge built in the United States, and incorporates the widest highest bridge in the United States after the Royal Gorge Bridge, and is the world's highest concrete arch bridge.