- Noun: compartment kum'paa(r)tmunt
- A space into which an area is subdivided
- A partitioned section, chamber, or separate room within a larger enclosed area
Derived forms: compartments
A small space within a larger enclosed area, often separated by partitions.
- More: Next
- the conveyor belt was divided into compartments.
- this unit consists of two compartments.
- train compartments soon get cramped and stuffy.
- the eye contains 3 compartments.
- there are three separate, sealed compartments in joe's chest.