Noun: comparing kum'pehring
- The act of examining resemblances
- Examine and note the similarities or differences of
"John compared his haircut to his friend's"; "We compared notes after we had both seen the movie"
- Be comparable
"This car does not compare with our line of Mercedes"
- Consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous
"We can compare the Han dynasty to the Romans"
- liken, equate
- To form the comparative or superlative form on an adjective or adverb
- we meet every so often and compare notes.
- can you possibly compare with my endowments?
- our work can be compared to a battle.
- judges meet regularly to compare sentences.
- compare " hope " and " wish " as verbs.