communication disabilities meaning
Disorders of verbal and nonverbal communication caused by receptive or expressive LANGUAGE DISORDERS,cognitive dysfunction (e.g.,MENTAL RETARDATION),psychiatric conditions,and HEARING DISORDERS.
- Frank, who had been diagnosed as having speech and communications disabilities.
- As author and presenter she worked tirelessly to raise the profile of people with communication disabilities.
- She is the founder of AwaaWaa2, an NGO supporting children with communication disabilities and their families.
- Most experts in disability studies consider FC to be a pseudoscience that causes great risk and emotional distress to people with communication disabilities, their families and their caregivers.
- An improved version of JAPE has been developed in the guise of the STANDUP system, which has been experimentally deployed as a means of enhancing linguistic interaction with children with communication disabilities.