come down with meaning
- come down with sth to get an illness, especially one that is not very serious and is passed from one person to another:
▪ Almost everyone in the office came down with flu.
▪ I think I'm coming down with something - I feel really hot.
v., informal To become sick with; catch. We all came down with the mumps. After being out in the rain, George came down with a cold.
- i think i am coming down with a cold.
- it sounds like you are coming down with the flu . let me take your temperature.
- we come down with illnesses more easily when under stress
- your parents will come down with the money, don't worry
- i think i am coming down with a cold