[ 'kɔlənist ] Pronunciation: "colonist" in a sentence
- the colonists massacred thousands of natives with brutal and callous force.
- everywhere, colonists had to rely mainly on small farms and self-sufficiency.
- the earliest colonists found abundant forests and suitable soil with adequate rainfall.
- the early colonists could naturally find little leisure for either the reading or the writing of polite literature.
- like many of his fellow, colonists mr. luce was a high or rather a deep conservative.