Noun: college kólij
- The body of faculty and students of a college
- An institution of higher education created to educate and grant degrees; often a part of a university
- A complex of buildings in which an institution of higher education is housed
Derived forms: colleges
See also: collegial
A civil corporation, society or company authorized by law, having in general a literary object. In some countries college is understood as the union of certain voters in one body; such bodies are called electoral colleges, as the college of electors or their deputies to the diet of Ratisbon; the college of cardinals. The term is used in the United States as the college of electors of president and vice-president of the United States.
- my home is only a bus stop from the college.
- the college is affiliated with the university.
- the college is not operated for profit.
- joe was in college and worried about exams.
- i was rather literary in college.