coincidence circuit meaning
See AND CIRCUIT.
- Bruno Rossi invented the electronic coincidence circuit for implementing the coincidence method.
- Many counters have two photo multiplier tubes connected in a coincidence circuit.
- Walther Bothe, inventor of the coincidence circuit, got part of the 1954 Nobel Prize in physics, for the first modern electronic AND gate in 1924.
- In this configuration, the frequency of coincidences was greater than that calculated on the basis of the individual rates and the resolving time of the coincidence circuit.
- On April 1, 1935, he took measurements up to using a pair of Geiger counters in an anti-coincidence circuit to avoid counting secondary ray showers.