Noun: coat kowt
- An outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- A thin layer covering something
"a second coat of paint"
- Growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
- Put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface
"coat the cake with chocolate"
- Cover or provide with a coat
- Form a coat over
"Dirt had coated her face"
Sounds like: cote
Derived forms: coats, coated, coating
See also: coating
A single layer of plaster, paint, or any type of material applied to a surface.
1 : the external growth on an animal
2 : a layer of one substance covering or lining another; esp : one covering or lining an organ the coat of the eyeball
- his coat was sprinkled with cigarette ashes.
- i need a new coat -- or do i?
- how could i be a detective in this coat?
- he disembarrassed himself of his heavy coat.
- the coat does not sit properly across the shoulders.