coastal frontier meaning
A geographic division of a coastal area, established for organization and command purposes in order to ensure the effective coordination of military forces employed in military operations within the coastal frontier area.
- These orders were modified under date of March 1, 1941, giving Admiral Andrews additional duties as Commander, North Atlantic Naval Coastal Frontier.
- On April 22, 1941, a third plan was issued : the original Operation Plan for the Forces of the North Atlantic Naval Coastal Frontier.
- On January 26, 2007, Peru's government issued a protest against Chile's demarcation of the coastal frontier the two countries share.
- After President Franklin D . Roosevelt designated the Caribbean as a coastal frontier, the Eastern Caribbean became the forward edge of American defense strategy during the war.
- On July 1, 1941, the Chief of Naval Operations formally established several Naval Coastal Frontiers; on February 6, 1942, these were renamed Sea Frontiers.