- Relating to or used in chemistry
"chemical engineer"; "chemical balance"
- Of or made from or using substances produced by or used in reactions involving atomic or molecular changes
- Material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules
- chemical substance
Derived forms: chemicals
connected with chemistry:
the chemical industry
a chemical element
Eastman Chemical Co.
produced by or using processes which involve changes to atoms, etc.
chemically // adverb:
Caffeine can be removed chemically from coffee.
■ noun [C]
a substance obtained by or used in a chemical process:
a US chemicals group
n : a substance (as an element or chemical compound) obtained by a chemical process or used for producing a chemical effect
1 : of, relating to, used in, or produced by chemistry
a : acting or operated or produced by chemicals
b : detectable by chemical means — chem·i·cal·ly adv
- this book is about chemicals and plants.
- the chemical beds are provided in duplicate.
- chemical energy may be converted to heat.
- mutation are produced by a number of chemicals.
- chemical absorption is seldom reversible.