celtic fringe meaning
An offensive term applied to Wales, Ireland and the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, which have different cultural, social and political characteristics from the rest of the British Isles
- The coastline is part of the Celtic fringe.
- The city is also known historically for its large Irish and Celtic fringes of the British Isles.
- Or if they insisted, then I wanted to be known as a Celtic Fringe American or a Euro Fringe American.
- The fight is all the more interesting because some of those with whom I am fighting are also Celtic Fringe Americans.
- During this period, Swan was disavowing an allegiance between Mouth Music and " the Gaelic-Celtic fringe " mentioned by interviewers.