cell cycle gene meaning
Genes that code for proteins that regulate the CELL DIVISION CYCLE. These genes form a regulatory network that culminates in the onset of MITOSIS by activating the p34cdc2 protein (PROTEIN P34CDC2).
- research advances on cell cycle genes in plants
- Nurse isolated the human version of a key cell cycle gene, called CDK1, in 1987.
- HDACs 1 and 2 have been found to express regulatory roles in key cell cycle genes including p21.
- EVI1 is a nuclear transcription factor involved in many signaling pathways for both coexpression and coactivation of cell cycle genes.
- The encoded protein contains a high mobility group-box DNA binding domain and participates in the regulation of cell cycle genes and cellular senescence.