cell cleavages meaning
The fission of a CELL. Cytokinesis,when the CYTOPLASM of a cell is divided,occurs after CELL NUCLEUS division is complete.
- "Xenopus " membrane polarity is established with the first cell cleavage.
- This enabled detailed, quantitative studies of the process of cell cleavage ( cytokinesis ).
- In contrast, the amphioxus and vertebrates show cell determination relatively late in development and cell cleavage is indeterminate.
- Based on this work, Dan proposed the novel idea that cell cleavage is driven directly by elongation of the mitotic spindle.
- For a number of cell cleavages ( the specific number depends on the type of organism ) all the cells of an embryo will be morphologically and developmentally equivalent.