cd4 cell count meaning
The number of CD4-POSITIVE T-LYMPHOCYTES per unit volume of BLOOD. Determination requires the use of a fluorescence-activated flow cytometer.
- The companies said the experimental drug may have reduced CD4 cell counts in some patients in the Phase 3 trials.
- They're infection fighting CD4 cell counts were 50 to 400, well below normal levels of 1, 000.
- It targets the reverse transcriptase enzyme and thereby has inhibitory effect on HIV by seemingly delaying the decrease in CD4 cell counts.
- Meanwhile, 3TC is available to AIDS patients with low CD4 cell counts whose disease is progressing despite AZT or who cannot tolerate AZT.
- Researchers claim Virodene dramatically reduced the level of HIV in patients'blood and boosted their infection-fighting CD4 cell counts within weeks.