- Adverb: cattily
- In a catty manner
- One responsible publication cattily dismissed her as a " media magnet ."
- Visitors prowl the aisles marveling at, coveting or cattily disparaging the items being sold.
- "Don't give up the day job, " the casting director whispers cattily to her assistant.
- It is sometimes cattily referred to by its rivals as " Publicite sans Limite " ( Publicity Without Limit ).
- They are too conscious of being white people in Africa, and too defensively, cattily contemptuous of white people who are not.