- Noun: casemate 'keys`meyt
- A fortified chamber in which cannon may be placed to be fired through embrasures; or one capable of being used as a magazine, or for quartering troops
Derived forms: casemates
A vault or chamber in a bastion, having openings for the firing of weapons.
- casemate wall: [Architecture]A ci ...
- More: Next
- The casemate carriage has a lower profile than the barbette carriages.
- The Casemate d'Esch is operated by the same organization.
- Both the belt and casemate armor were backed by of wood.
- The transverse bulkheads on either end of the casemate were thick.
- Two of the 15 cm guns were removed from their casemate positions.