casein paint meaning
- A water-base paint made with a protein precipitated from milk
Derived forms: casein paints
Type of: water-base paint
Encyclopedia: Casein paint
A paint made from a mixture of skimmed milk or buttermilk, earth-colored pigment, water, and a small amount of lime; widely used in the US and in Britain during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- A few older houses may have walls painted with calcimine or casein paint.
- Casein paint loses its solubility with time and exposure and becomes water-resistant.
- He rendered the illustrations in casein paint.
- She is best known for her fired clay figures of nude children that are realistically painted with casein paint.
- The interior of the 1899 church had originally been decorated with hand painted and stenciled Casein paint on a decorative motif.