carry trade meaning
- noun (finance)
A transaction in which funds are borrowed in a country that has low interest rates and invested in a country that has higher interest rates.
- nobody really knows how big the carry trade is
- it is worth wondering whether the carry trade has been exaggerated
- those who gambled on the “ carry trade ” may decide to cut their losses
- the yen could appreciate further, as the unwinding of the carry trade continues
- in new zealand's case, the carry trade has given the kiwi dollar an extra upward push