care and maintenance meaning
The keeping of an industrial plant, shipyard, etc in sound condition at times when production has been discontinued so that it may be restarted immediately new orders are received
= c & m
Denoting the status of a building, machinery, ship, etc, that is not currently in active use, usually as a result of a fall in demand, but which is being kept in a good state of repair so that it can be brought back into use quickly, if needed.
- none the less unhcr in 1977 was still spending more than $200,000 a month for care and maintenance for refugees in argentina.
- care and maintenance of mining tapping equipments
- care and maintenance specifications of embankment dam
- care and maintenance of trees at risk from construction activities
- our boots require the same care and maintenance as normal combat boots