carabid beetle meaning
- There were three identified endemic species of carabid beetle found on the Queen Charlotte Islands.
- Straneo showed an early interest in biology and began collecting insects, eventually focusing on carabid beetles.
- Rare Carabid beetles scuttle around the mountain tops, making the hills an officially designated " site of special scientific interest ."
- A study found that the thicker mucus can prevent predation by Carabid beetles, but that this mucus becomes exhausted after three minutes of stimulation.
- Bombardier beetles have well-developed, like other carabid beetles, pygidial glands that empty from the lateral edges of the intersegment membranes between the seventh and eighth abdominal segments.